Draper & Associates' business process review/reengineering services assist clients seeking to improve processes and interfaces to gain economies and efficiencies. In providing such services, Draper performs a review, evaluates, and make recommendations on the following (where applicable):
- General assessment of current manual and automated processes relative to business systems with a focus on identifying opportunities to increase efficiencies through process improvement, data capture and reliability, reporting, system usability and system integration.
- Specific focus on reporting requirements internal and external to the organization and capability of existing systems to support those requirements.
- Use of scanning and bar coding for tracking of fixed assets function.
- Opportunities to streamline accounting functions within software systems, specifically looking to data entry redundancy within the Purchasing module and providing financial roll-up of purchases at the project level.
- Practices to standardize and create a more customer-centric billing front-end (including labor, credit-card charges, purchased materials, central stores counter releases).
- Explore technologies to assist Facilities in real-time updates of inventory and spatial information (i.e. as-builts, space classification and assignment, etc.) with goal of improving communications and data accessibility with field personnel.
- Provide short-term and long-term strategy for data updates, reporting and eventual migration to newer software applications.
- Review communication procedures for updating interested parties as information is added and/or updated.
University of Alabama