Draper & Associates (Draper) CAFM implementation services assist higher education clients, seeking the benefits of this technology, by providing expert consultants with combined experience in program and project management, facility management, planning, and information technology, to guide them from the selection of a CAFM software, through implementation and integration, to training and utilization.
Draper provides Project management services to higher education institutions for the successful implementation of CAFM software to include:
- Alignment with college or university business goals and objectives
- Serve as the “owner’s rep” to ensure time, cost and scope meet desired/documented business goals and objectives
- Creation and management of a comprehensive project plan that includes scope of work, deliverables, project timeline, milestones, budget, risk management, roles/responsibilities, etc.
- Establishment of the project team and coordination of all project stakeholders
- Coordination and documentation of project team meetings to include status updates, action items, issues log, system requirements and business process reengineering
- Validation of Current State Process Flows for identified modules/functions and modification as necessary to meet new system/process needs
- Reporting and oversight of major project phases such as requirements integration, hardware/software installation, system setup, report definition and testing and training
- Identify, assess feasibility, and manage the integration, where appropriate, with existing business systems
- Change Control: review/approve all changes to time, cost and scope of project to ensure all options have been identified and addressed with client prior to moving forward
- Management of “deliverables” assigned to software vendor to ensure they are delivered on-time and are of acceptable quality
Draper & Associates project management approach to assisting higher education clients with the implementation of CAFM software requires an expertise in developing sound business process solutions along with the capability to leverage today's technology in support of the university's needs. Utilizing Draper & Associates' principles of accountability, objectivity and control - the approach is simple.
- By providing universal access to valuable information and business tools, all end users and university constituents will become more accountable for their functions relating to facilities management and space planning.
- Utilizing this technology offers a mechanism for higher education constituents to make objective decisions, based on quantifiable, accurate and timely information.
- Leveraging state-of-the art technology, combined with sound business processes, procedures and standards as agents of control, allows institutional stakeholders to foresee future strategic needs based on accurate, reliable and timely data.