Draper & Associates is continually seeking qualified, professional individuals who wish to excel in providing our clients with the levels of commitment and service that they expect and deserve. We offer attractive compensation and benefits packages.
Draper & Associates (Draper) is currently seeking a detail-oriented Construction Scheduling Technician to join our team in supporting various construction consulting projects based out of the firm’s Atlanta, GA, Fort Lauderdale, FL, and Houston, TX offices. Under the supervision of senior leadership, the Scheduling Technician provides a broad range of administrative, managerial, and technical support on Draper projects. In this role, the individual is responsible for providing project control tools including schedule development and updating and preparing project progress and performance reports.
The Scheduling Technician should be organized and have a basic understanding of construction means and methods to ensure success.
Construction Scheduling Technician Responsibilities
- Providing support to project team members to ensure that projects are executed in accordance with established Draper means and methods.
- Assisting in developing, monitoring, and maintaining project schedules for multiple construction projects of various sizes and complexity
- Working collaboratively with leadership and project stakeholders to identify detailed tasks, durations, dependencies, and resources necessary to build, update, and maintain a project’s Overall Project Schedule.
- Monitoring project timelines and deadlines.
- Performing schedule reviews to ensure effective and efficient best practices for scheduling are being implemented on the project. Diplomatically communicate schedule performance and advise the project team on status and preventative or corrective actions required.
- Regularly walk construction job sites to review activity progress and accurately apply construction sequencing knowledge to status the project schedule.
- Attending project-related meetings and/or job-site-specific meetings where emphasis on the schedule is discussed.
- Preparing comprehensive, informative, and professional Progress Reports for stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships with clients and the project team.
- In Pursuit of or have received an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or other related technical fields.
- Candidates with equivalent relevant work experience will be considered.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; extremely attentive to detail and capable of producing professional and accurate written business communication.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Physically able to safely walk multi-story buildings while under construction.
- Ability to read and interpret building and site plans and specifications.
- Knowledge of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, Asta Powerproject, or alternative industry-standard CPM scheduling software is a plus.
- Experience with developing and/or implementing construction schedules.
THE DRAPER ADVANTAGE
Draper & Associates is a performance-based company with excellent career advancement opportunities. We offer a top-notch compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary and Annual Merit Increase
- Performance-related bonuses
- Paid Time Off & Company Holidays
- Health coverage for employees and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Financial protection through life and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match of up to 5%
- Tax advantages through FSA and Dependent Care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Professional Training and Development
- Promotion from within
- A work environment that fosters respect, communication, collaboration, and growth