Draper & Associates is continually seeking qualified, professional individuals who wish to excel in providing our clients with the levels of commitment and service that they expect and deserve. We offer attractive compensation and benefits packages.
JOB DESCRIPTION (POSTED 8/17/2021): CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULING CONSULTANT
Draper & Associates (Draper) is currently seeking a detail-oriented Construction Scheduling Consultant to join our team in supporting various construction consulting projects based out of the firm’s Atlanta, GA and Ft. Lauderdale, FL office. Under the supervision of senior leadership, the Scheduling Consultant provides a broad range of administrative, managerial, and technical support on Draper projects. In this role, the individual is responsible for implementing and monitoring project control tools and preparing project progress and performance reports.
To ensure success, the Scheduling Consultant should be organized, understand construction means and methods, and have demonstrable experience in construction management and project scheduling.
CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULING CONSULTANT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting in developing, monitoring, and maintaining project schedules for multiple construction projects of various sizes and complexity
- Working collaboratively with leadership and project stakeholders to identify detailed tasks, durations, dependencies, and resources necessary to build, update, and maintain a project’s Overall Project Schedule.
- Monitoring project timelines and deadlines.
- Performing schedule reviews to ensure effective and efficient best practices for scheduling are being implemented on the project. Diplomatically communicate schedule performance and advise the project team on status and preventative or corrective actions required.
- Regularly walk construction job sites to review activity progress and accurately apply construction sequencing knowledge to status the project schedule.
- Conducting or attending project-related meetings and/or job-site-specific meetings where emphasis on the schedule is discussed.
- Preparing comprehensive, informative, and professional Progress Reports for stakeholders.
- Building and maintaining solid working relationships with clients and the project team.
CONSTRUCTION SCHEDULING CONSULTANT REQUIREMENTS
- Understanding of the Critical Path Methodology.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, Construction Management, Architecture, Engineering, or other related technical fields.
- Candidates with equivalent relevant experience will be considered.
- A minimum of two years of scheduling experience within the construction industry.
- Ability to read and interpret building and site plans and specifications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; extremely attentive to detail and capable of producing professional and accurate written business communication.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite. Knowledge of Primavera P6, Microsoft Project, or alternative industry-standard CPM scheduling software is a plus.
- Physically able to safely walk multi-story buildings while under construction.
- Must be able to travel extensively (50% – 70%).
THE DRAPER ADVANTAGE
Draper & Associates is a performance-based company with excellent career advancement opportunities. We offer a top-notch compensation and benefits package which includes:
- Competitive salary and Annual Merit Increase
- Performance-related bonuses
- Paid Time Off & Company Holidays
- Health coverage for employees and family through medical, dental, and vision plans
- Financial protection through life and disability insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with a generous match of up to 5%
- Tax advantages through FSA and Dependent Care expenses with pre-tax dollars
- Promotion from within
- A work environment that fosters respect, communication, collaboration, and growth