Harald von Fischer-Benzon is a Vice President with Draper & Associates’ (Draper) Construction Services Division. Within this position, he oversees a team of more than 15 scheduling consultants based out of offices in Birmingham, Atlanta and Orlando. The services offered by these consultants includes scheduling, construction project management and scheduling, claims technical support and analysis, program management, and computer-aided project planning.
Mr. von Fischer-Benzon’s career of more than 29 years includes a wide range of project and program management, private and public works construction, facility, and management responsibilities. He has managed projects under constrained budgets, with competing priorities and firmly fixed completion dates. On numerous occasions, he has been called on to manage the completion of projects that are behind schedule or over budget.
Specific relevant experience includes work on:
- Hotel/Banquet/Retail Complex-$500 Million
- Office Building – $9 Million
- Tenant Build-Out – Office Complexes various size and cost
- Hospital Addition/Renovation-$25 Million
- Repair/Renovation Condominium Complex
- Military Construction and facilities management throughout the U.S. and Europe
- Dormitory and Office Campus-$54 Million
- Rivers, harbors and lakes construction/maintenance and operations
- Construction of multiple Grocery/Shopping centers – $10 Million each
- Reinvention Renovation of Marriot Courtyard – $2 Million
- $100M Hospital Complex with Central Energy Plant
- 304 Unit Mid-Rise Condominium with Parking Deck
- 20,000 seat Amphitheater with a 95,000 sq foot roof-$23 Million
Mr. von Fischer-Benzon has extensive experience in new construction and the renovation of a wide range of facilities, including hospitals, single and multiple family housing, resort condominiums, dormitories, office and industrial facilities. He is skilled in the integration of the needs of owners, occupants and suppliers to insure project success while minimizing impacts to all project stakeholders. In addition, Mr. Von Fischer-Benzon has worked the entire spectrum of program/project development and management from concept/design, through construction and into operation of both large and small projects in all sizes of organizations on both a national and regional basis. He has been instrumental in the development of organizational and project plans and procedures for successful operations and project implementation.
Mr. von Fischer-Benzon is experienced in reviewing plans and specifications to determine contractual requirements, reviewing submittals/shop drawings and insuring compliance during the construction phase. He has 28 years experience with the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and is thoroughly familiar with all requirements of the required submittal, quality control requirements and the integration of the contractor’s information into the automated Corps of Engineers reporting and accounting systems.
He is skilled in the use and training of both Primavera Project Planner 3.1 and SureTrak Project Scheduling and Management software. Mr. von Fischer-Benzon has more than five years experience in Construction Claims analysis and Claims avoidance, he has participated in all types of claims resolution including trial, mediation and negotiating favorable settlements.
Mr. von Fischer-Benzon is a member of the Society of American Military Engineers.